7.13.2015

It's Not Just a Book...It's Other People's Testimonies!

June 15, 2015

Well... I wanted to start off by bearing my testimony about something that has been weighing on my heart so heavily this week...

 
THE BOOK OF MORMON!

 
I love this book. Period. Today, I finished reading it from front to back for the 6th time on my mission and I can't express the deep love I have for this book of scripture. The title of my email is a quote from one of the members here in Glenwood Springs. I love what she said... because it is true!!! The Book of Mormon is NOT just a book... It is real life experiences and testimonies about Jesus Christ. Before my mission I knew that the BOM was the word of God but I didn't have a lasting personal testimony of it. I can now say that I KNOW without a doubt that this book is TRUE. I have literally SEEN as I have read it day in and day out the difference in my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I can't imagine going a day without these teachings and this fullness of the Gospel. I am so very grateful for the infinite testimony I have gained about this gospel because I can physically see the difference it has made in my life and the lives of my family. I could never imagine having not served a mission. It is the happiest I have ever been in my whole life for one reason- I am LIVING what I believe. Every day. In every moment. I love the Book of Mormon because I learn what I lack every time I read it. I am able to read of the steps I need to take in order to become more like Christ. I am no where near perfect, but I KNOW I can be perfect at repenting. I know I can become perfect through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. This knowledge did not come by passively asking the Lord for an answer or reading for 10 minutes a day with lukewarm questions. It wasn't until I TRULY decided to read the Book Of Mormon (and not just once, I might add), and when I YEARNED for an answer, that I gained a knowledge of its truthfulness. It is no longer a belief. It is a knowledge. I invite every person that reads this to REGAIN a testimony of the Book of Mormon. Put in the effort; plead to the Lord to know of its divinity. I promise that you will receive an answer, and in turn, this will become the greatest blessing of your life and eternity.
 

 
Alright... well, now on with the week! Here is a quick recap!

 
Miracle
We had an AMAZING lesson with our investigators Ismael and Laura. We did some service for them by helping them make dinner and then had the most SPIRITUAL lesson EVER! We talked and we able to decipher a lot of their concerns. They love the missionaries and are starting to FEEL of the spirit we bring into their home. Ismael is super closed off to religion but you can see the eye slightly opening and feel of the love that he is developing for the messages we share. We are reverting back to the basics with them, since we discovered they don't have a super huge testimony in God or Jesus Christ BUT, the time we shared with them this week was such a miracle and the spirit was SO strong. We bore such powerful testimony and Laura cried! I love them more than anything. They will be the most beautiful eternal family one day.

 

Our missionary district
 
 
Progressing Investigator
Luis Perez! He came to church this Sunday with his whole family! His mom is a member and his dad is not and they all came. We taught him twice this week and are beginning the commandments this coming week. He WILL make his date of July 11th! :) We are hoping to start teaching Andres (dad) this week so they can inherit the blessings of being a family sealed for all eternity!

 

 
Unfortunately, I had to say goodbye to my beautiful daughter, Sister Tycksen yesterday! She is flying to Brazil today! I felt so privileged to train her this transfer and know that she will be the most amazing missionary EVER! I absolutely adore the person she is and cannot wait to hear of the success she will have in South America. It was a tough break up, but I know that the people of Brazil need her more than I do!
 
 
Good-bye, Hermana Tycksen!

 As far as transfer news go, I will be training... AGAIN! Haha. This will be my 3rd baby and I am excited! She is another visa waiter for Brazil and I will be teaching her Spanish. I am especially excited to get to stay in Glenwood Springs for another transfer and will most likely get to stay another transfer after that! Woohoo! I love serving the people in GWS and the ward/branch is amazing. I only have 4 transfers left of my mission and I am absolutely CRYING! Ahh. Mssionary time just needs to SLOW DOWN!

 
CHALLENGE of the WEEK!
Who is the first person that pops into your head that you want to share the gospel with? What is the name that comes to your mind? That is a prompting from the Holy Ghost. NOW GO DO IT. Pray, ask, then act. The Lord will always give you the opportunity to share your testimony of the blessings that come from living the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. And you would be SO surprised at which of your friends is just waiting to hear it.


​To finish up, here's something a tad bit funny... (since we all know I'm not.)

 
On Thursday evening, Sister Tycksen and I arrived at our dinner appointment about 10 minutes early. Naturally, we decided to take a quick 10 minute cat nap. No big deal, right? I woke up about 2 minutes into the nap (still exhausted) and realized I still had 8 more minutes to sleep. Well, I rolled over into the fetal position in the drivers seat and that was the end of that. About 35 minutes later, 5:25 PM, Sister Tycksen and I were awakened by the spirit to come to the knowledge that we had slept through our dinner appointment and were 25 minutes late!!! We roll over, look at each other, look at the clock and yell, RUN!!! Haha, we sprinted into to the dinner appointment and had a good laugh with the members about it. PHEW! Thank goodness they were pretty forgiving!! I am so grateful for the constant exhaustion I have on my mission. To me, it means that I (normally) am doing something right :)
 

 
I love this gospel with all of my heart. I am SO grateful to serve the Lord. It is the greatest blessing of my life! I will go, I will do!

 
Love,
Hermana Erica Pierce

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment