10.13.2014

WINTER IS COMING! U READY? [update: san juan style]

October 13, 2014

Hello one and all!

Another week gone in Montrose! I can't believe how fast time is going. It is scary to think that I am coming up on my four month mark! Only 13 months left! Ahhh! I wish this would never end! What is real life even? Haha! This is hard work, but the best work in the world! I love being a missionary!
 
 
So this week was pretty slow. We did a lot of service! There is a less active member that is in the stake that opened a thrift shop for kids with learning disabilities. So we help her almost every day! We have basically opened that shop from scrap with her, so it's been awesome to see the transformation! 
 
 
Thrift Store Service

Other than serving and trying to see investigators, I don't have much to fill you in on this week! Just normal missionary work! Slower than most, but we have to have the humbling weeks to make the others better! We were still able to find 7 new investigators though! The new elder that is serving as our DL is Elder Rogers. He is very kind and pretty darn sarcastic. BUT we all know I can dish it back ;) So he is super nice and very obedient, which is wonderful. We had Zone Meeting on Thursday and Sister Noakes and I gave a training on "Our Purpose." It went really well and the elders and sisters seemed to really like it. THEN, afterwards President and Sister Murdock came and we got to watch "Meet the Mormons!" It was SOOO awesome!!! We absolutely loved it and EVERYONE needs to see it! Unfortunately, it is not being screened in our area (only in big cities like Denver). BUT YOU CAN HELP! Go online to meetthemormons.com and request a screening in our area! Tell everyone to do it for the area code 81401. When we get 800 requests, they will send it to us to be played! We wish we could show it to EVERYONE so they could understand that we are normal people! We strive to follow Jesus Christ every day. That is our purpose as missionaries. To invite others to come unto Christ. That is it! Pretty simple, huh?! SO, if you haven't already, go see Meet the Mormons! Best 80 minutes of your life!

 
On Friday night we had a lesson with our investigator Alfredo. He is currently attending a baptist church and plays the guitar there. He has been taught in the past and has allowed us to teach him again. In this particular lesson we watched the Restoration movie with him. When it finished I felt prompted to ask him to read the Boof of Mormon, AGAIN. Sister Burr (member) who was with us bore a powerful testimony of the BOM and so did Sister Noakes and I. AND, he said he would! I just KNOW he will be baptized and that this time he WILL receive the answer that this IS the true church of Jesus Christ. Even though he said he felt like he never received an answer last time, I told him that I KNOW that he will receive an answer, as long as he has a TRUE desire to know if the BOM is true. So that was an amazing night. We are having dinner with him tonight at the Burr's house and then will teach him again. Please pray that he receives an answer! I refuse to leave Montrose until he is baptized! Haha!!
 
 
Dinner at the Evensens

On Saturday I went on exchange to the Mount Sneffels ward with our STL, Sister Gregerson! Man... I am SO GLAD I am spanish speaking! The english life is TOUGH. No one listens to you! HAH! I love the hispanic people with all of my heart. They are so inviting and will give you the shirt off their back. I am so grateful to be serving here in San Juan!!

Other than that, nothing much else happened! It is starting to get colder (especially in the mornings- 30 today), BUT, nothing too bad yet ;) We had a charla fogonera last night which was great! I love this branch and I love this work! Have a great week and remember that your Heavenly Father loves you! :)
 
 

-- 
Love,
Hermana Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment