1.02.2015

MONT-ROSE (4 Transfers Strong!)

Merry Christmas! Me and the Big Guy!

 
December 29, 2014

Yes! It's true! I am staying in Montrose another transfer... and I am SO excited about that!! As for the explanation to the title of this email... If you want to be a REAL native from Montrose... you HAVE to pronounce it "MONT-ROSE." It's quite humorous to hear every now and again. Sadly, Sister Flores will be getting transferred. I will go to pick up my new companion tomorrow at Transfer Meeting! :)
 
 
Smith and Flores leaving...Rogers and Pierce holding down the fort!

I'm feeling a bit under the weather (Cold/Flu- Like symptoms) today, so I'm going to try and condense the week into a few paragraphs. BUT, just know that I love my mission and I am so happy to be serving. Christmas time is the absolute coolest season to be a missionary! And I loved every second :)
 
 
A white Christmas In Montrose!

On Tuesday evening we were able to go caroling with our Branch President and his family, some of their neighbors, and the Elders! It was SO FUN! They told us to come dressed up, so of course, I would never pass up that opportunity!! SO, I got me a Mrs. Claus suit, and away we went! It was a BLAST (even tho it was only 20 degrees :| haha) :).
 
 
Me as Mrs. Claus!

Wednesday we went to go and make gingerbread cookies for members of the branch and investigators with the Elders at the Evensen's. That was so much fun and we were able to spend the rest of the afternoon delivering them. That evening we had a wonderful dinner with Sister Burr and then went out caroling with the other Montrose Zone! It was SOOO FUN to be with all the missionaries and was absolutely hilarious. There was about 25 of us in one group and we loved bringing Christmas Cheer to several homes :)
 
 


Making Gingerbread Cookies!

THURSDAY... CHRISTMAS! Woohoo! We had zone meeting in the morning which was great! It was fun to be able to gather together as missionaries again on Christmas day. Then, afterwards we went around delta and caroled a little to some of the ZL's investigators. Then, we came home for lunch (quesadillas... again lol. I'm becoming Mexican.). Then, we headed off to skype the fam! It was so fun to be able to talk with all of you! It doesn't seem like it's been 6 months since I've seen you! Time really does fly! I can't believe I've completed over 1/3 of my mission! AHH! We then spent the rest of the evening with the Evensen's. It was a great day :)
 
 
Opening presents from family at the Evensens

I won't bore you with the rest of the details of the week... It was pretty slow considering everyone was in a post Christmas coma. BUT, we did manage to have an amazing lesson with Tomas y Bella yesterday. They are great and are progressing nicely. The mom has even started to open up and is now allowing us to teach her! This week is New Years so it's bound to be a little slow. We have to be in by 6 on New Years Eve so I hope wherever you are, you enjoy ringing in the New Year! I'll be fast asleep in my bed! Haha!
 
 
Christmas Day!

I love being a missionary and am so grateful for the opportunity to serve. Have a great week! :)


 
Love
Hermana Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment