1.24.2015

Una vida centrado en Cristo

January 19, 2015

Man, another glorious week in Mont-rose, Colorado.
Let me tell ya about it...

This week we were busy trying to get back into the swing of things and working a lot on the LA Member initiative that we created for the branch. Nothing too crazy to report on, but we did get to finally teach a few lessons!

Maria: She is an atheist and we've had 3 lessons with her now. It's so amazing to teach her because she truly does want to know if this whole "religion" thing is worth it. So, we've started with the basics, and it's been HARD. I've never once taught someone without a common belief in Jesus Christ. So, we've had to come from a different angle and it's been sort of refreshing. When we visited her on Wednesday, she had been praying EVERY day to God. She doesn't even believe that there IS a God, but yet, she is still praying. Now that's faith.

Maribel, and Christian: We had a lesson with them on Thursday evening and it was AMAZING. We introduced them to the Book of Mormon and Maribel said that she had already read about it in the pamphlet. (Okay... I'll allow it.) The spirit was super strong and they have SUCH a strong desire to know of the truth. When we asked them what they thought they needed to do in order to gain a testimony of the BOM, Maribel said, "Well... of course we have to read the book!" She then proceeded to ask if she was allowed read more than one chapter a day. It's so great to see the Lord working through these wonderful people.

The rest of our proselyting time this week was spent contacting referrals and doing little things to help our current investigators. When illnesses come, it takes a lot of time to rebuild the area, so that's what we're working on right now. I'm personally working on not becoming complacent with my time in Montrose. 6 months is a long time to spend in the same 15 mile radius, so i'm trying to focus my efforts on what I haven't yet achieved here. It will be interesting to see what happens at transfers in three weeks, but I know that wherever I am placed is where the Lord needs me. We fasted twice this week (a struggle for me... but hey, who doesn't love miracles?), including a combined fast with our branch council. We met with them last night and talked even more about the LA families we are choosing to reactivate before General Conference. It is really amazing to see all of these members pull together to help save our brothers and sisters. I have such a strong testimony of the blessings that come from dedicating yourself to the Lord. The Montrose 2015 Stake Motto is a "Christ Centered Life." Our stake president challenged every member to think about the time in their life when they were closest to the Savior, and then, to get to that point again. Obviously, the time in my life that I have been closest to the Lord is NOW. I am focusing my efforts on HIS work 24/7 and I couldn't be more grateful for that opportunity. I challenge each of you to do the same. Think about what would allow you to TRULY center your life on Christ. I promise that if you are doing everything YOU can, Heavenly Father will do everything HE can.

Solamente quiero terminar con mi testimonio. Estoy TAN agradecida por la oportunidad de hacer esta obra del Senor y yo SE que JesuCristo vive. Todas las cosas que tenemos en nuestras vidas vienen de el y yo se que si estamos esforando para hacer nuestro parte, el va a ayudarnos con las coasa dificiles. Gracias por su ayuda y apoyo en todo lo que hago. Haz lo justo y no se olviden de mi amor!

Hasta luego!


​Con amor, ​
Hermana Pierce

 

No comments:

Post a Comment