1.31.2015

A Shortie...but a Goodie!

January 26, 2015

WOW! This was such an amazing week. Sister Adair and I had a lot more opportunities to find new investigators and we found a GOLDEN ONE! Her name is Margarita and she lives in Olathe. We tracted into her on Tuesday and taught her Lesson 1. She responded SO well and really has a strong desire to learn! We asked her if it would be important for her to know that these things are true and she said of course and that she really wanted to know! She even asked us if she could come to church with us on Sunday! So it was DEFINITELY a BIG miracle to find her. It amazes me how prepared some people are. The Lord truly has given them the divine opportunity to change their lives. Now all we have to do is find them! As far as our most progressing investigator goes, her name is Miriam. I think I've mentioned her before. She is 24 and lives here in Montrose. On Wednesday I was on exchange with an English sister, Sister Patera (who previously served with me and is now my STL- I ADORE her), so I had to teach the lesson all on my own. BUT, it was great! I really love Miriam and she has such a desire to LEARN! She absolutely loved the BOM lesson and knows that in order to know if it is true all she has to do is pray, read, and ask! IT was such an amazing night. I can't help but think about how grateful I am to be a missionary. We had another great lesson that night also with our long-time investigator, Giselle. She hadn't been that interested in the past, but we stopped by to visit with her roommate and ended up teaching her anyways! She was SO open and had a complete change of heart. She expressed to us that she was looking for guidance and really wanted to know if God was there. I was able to bear a STRONG testimony to her that I KNOW our Heavenly Father is in the DETAILS of our lives. We taught her a little bit about the plan of salvation and just expressed the love that God has for her. It was an amazing night and I KNOW that I have been called as a missionary for a PURPOSE at THIS specific time. I can't believe our time is so short to share this great message of the true gospel of Jesus Christ, but I am enjoying every second.

Thursday we had Zone Conference with President and Sister Murdock and it was GREAT. SUCH an uplifting experience and SO empowering. Sister M gave an amazing talk on the power of the atonement. It was so beautiful to listen to the words that are truly inspired by Christ. I love the Colorado Denver South Mission and feel so blessed to serve here. It was an outright amazing day and week!

I don't have much time today because we are headed to Telluride (yay!!), but just know that I am LOVING everything about being a missionary. Even though the work doesn't always go how you want or expect, we see miracles every day and I KNOW that I am doing the most important thing in the world right now. I hope you all have a great week and know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the greatest gift we have ever been given!
 
Love,
Hermana Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment