2.14.2015

PLOT TWIST...I'm Staying in Montrose...7.5 Months!

February 9, 2015

I'M STAYING IN MONTROSE ANOTHER TRANSFER!!!

​Yes, you heard right, and trust me, I didn't see that one coming either! (This will make 7 1/2 months!) Especially since about 2 days before transfer calls we got word from President Murdock that I was "DEFINITELY"​ leaving. Well, needless to say, Saturday afternoon we get a call from Pres himself who says I will be STAYING in Montrose another transfer and... TRAINING a NEW MISSIONARY!!! As in a baby, as in a greenie, as in... I'M GOING TO BE A MOMMY! Estoy embarazada con una nina! :))) I'm seriously DEVASTATED to see Sister Adair leave after only 6 weeks with her, BUT, I know that the Lord has specific plans for each of us.


With Hermana Adair

When I heard news I was staying yet another 6 weeks (but probably 12 so I can finish training) I was so shaken up. I feel like I have poured my heart and soul into this area and don't know what more I can do. BUT, after receiving a priesthood blessing on Sunday, I KNOW that the Lord has prepared specific people for me to meet this transfer and to allow me to grow even more. It would have been easy to get transferred, BUT, because I'm staying, I will be forced to rely even more on the Lord over the next 6 weeks. I am so excited to train a new missionary and help her see how wonderful of an oppotunity it is to serve the Lord 24/7. I don't know who she will be yet, BUT, I will update you with all of the good details next week.
Clay figures an Elder in our district made of each of us!

 
Clay figure of Hermana Adair and me

I don't have too much else to fill you in on. I spent the majority of the week saying goodbyes (#awkward) and tying up loose ends. We did get to have quite a few super spiritual lessons this week and found 2 great new investigators! We will be tracting A LOT this transfer to rebuild up our teaching pool so GREAT AND DILIGENT work is ahead! I couldn't be more excited! :)

I hope this week treats you well wherever you may be! Remember that the church is true!

​xoxo,
Hermana Pierce​

​La foto: Hermana Adair and I at Fiesta Guadalajara with some members on Saturday night. I am SO sad to see her go! I feel as if a part of me is leaving but I KNOW that the Lord has a plan! <3​

No comments:

Post a Comment