4.06.2015

Hello, Glenwood Springs!

March 30, 2015

Yes, that's right! I am serving in Glenwood Springs, CO!!! We cover the English Glenwood Springs Ward and the Carbondale Spanish branch! The ward is SUPER awesome and the branch is too! Unfortunately the branch only had 19 people there yesterday (including us 4 missionaries haha) so there is definitely room for improvement there :) BUT, I am SO excited to serve here!!! The people here are SO prepared and the branch is definitely ready to be lifted. I can't wait to see what else the Lord has prepared for me to do in this new area!

Soooo, my new companion is HERMANA ARNOLD! She is from New Hampshire and this is the last transfer of her mission so I will be killing her off! Because of this, I'm pretty sure I will be in Glenwood at least 2 transfers! This week was full of learning the area, meeting members/investigators, and just good, hard WORK! The sisters have been focusing a lot on Less Actives in the past so we are trying to rebuild our investigator pool. Sister Arnold and I get along great and I already love her a lot :) I also got to see Sister Adair again because she is serving in my district (as my STL) which was a GREAT reunion. We get to go on exchange this week and catch up! She will also be going home this transfer.
 
 
Me and Hermana Arnold

Well, let's see! The ward is great and so kind! This Sunday we participated in the WARD choir which was a LOT of fun! WE go to 4 hours of church here since we cover the ward and the branch, which can make for long Sundays, but it was GREAT! We attend English Sacrament meeting, then go to Spanish Gospel Doctrine (we taught yesterday and got a lot of compliments on our lesson :)), Spanish or English Relief Society, and then Spanish Sacrament meeting! It's a lot to take in and definitely REALLY different from Montrose. I am super excited to get to know everyone in the ward better. It's nice because the branch is there for the Spanish support of our investigators and then we teach a lot of LA's in English. WE teach mostly in Spanish all day so there's not much change there, except for the Less Active work we do a lot of for the English ward.
 
 
Good-bye to Coronas

This week we saw so many miracles! There are so many prepared people here, ready to receive the gospel- it amazes me! We had a FANTASTIC lesson with the Banda family on Wednesday. The mom has been reading in the BOM on her own and is already in 2nd Nephi! It was such a miracle lesson because the husband joined us and we set them on date for baptism for May 9th! They truly want to know if this is the true gospel/church and are so eager to learn. One of the most beautiful moments of the lesson was the very end when Alfonso (dad) prayed. He had never said a prayer before (only recited ones in the catholic church) and he expressed ALL of the feelings of his heart and prayed for understanding to know if what we taught is true. It was so touching to hear the man of the house pray and sincerely ask for guidance in their journey to the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
 
Good-bye to the Toblers

Another miracle of the week was that yesterday, when we finished our 4th hour of church, I walked out of the chapel and saw Fransisco, a recent convert I taught from Steamboat, sitting in the foyer!!! It was SOOOO good to catch up with someone that I taught at the beginning of my mission. He was in Glenwood getting his patriarchal blessing. Gaby, another recent convert I taught was there getting her blessing as well and I was able to catch up with both of them for about an hour! They are both doing GREAT and preparing to go through the temple and receive their endowments in May!!!! Fransisco has received the Melchizedek Priesthood and they both are SO strong. It was such a miracle to be able to see them and see that the people I love and the work I did is truly making a difference in their lives. It is so amazing how much the gospel changes us and I can't describe the joy I felt to be reunited with these amazing people. I LOVE YOU GABY AND FRANSISCO!!! <3 I can't wait to continue to keep in touch with them and see where they go in the gospel! What a special moment!
 
 
Gaby and Fransisco

Other random info:

-We live in a full basement apartment with members here. Unfortunately, we don't get to see the members ever because we have our own entrance, but the apartment is beautiful!
-Saying goodbye to everyone in Montrose was SUPER hard. I miss La Rama San Juan already and caught myself thinking about them this Sunday, but I know that I have been sent here for a PURPOSE to GROW! I love all of you so so much... thank you for truly changing my life!!!
-Sister Gogue went to an english speaking ward in Denver and is doing great!
- My new address is: 4202 Sky Ranch Drive, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
-GO CHECK OUT BECAUSEHELIVES.MORMON.ORG. <3 AND HAPPY CONFERENCE/EASTER WEEKEND!!! Woohoo, Christmas for a missionary!!!
 
 
Fun in the park!

I love you all and LOVE this gospel! Sorry this email is a little scattered, we don't have as long on the computers here so I have to be quick! I would love to get a letter from you all! Have a great week! :)
 
Love,
Hermana Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment