WOW! This week was INCREDIBLY HARD! Haha! I can't even begin to describe how much the adversary was working on Sister Arnold and I. It was definitely one of the most personally, emotionally trying weeks of my mission. BUT, with a good priesthood blessing, a lot of time spent on my knees, and some good 'ole hard WORK, it all turned out alright :)
My absolute FAVORITE part of the week was SATURDAY AND SUNDAY... GENERAL CONFERENCE. WOW! What a MIRACLE it was to have conference THIS week! I absolutely loved all of the sessions! What an amazing blessing it is to have a PROPHET of God on the earth today. We got to watch the sessions at a members house, (The Page's- I LOVE THEM!) which was ESPECIALLY great because it meant that we got to relax a little bit, lay down and just soak up every moment! I am especially grateful for the opportunity to listen to conference on EASTER. I truly LOVE Easter just because it is SO focused on Christ and hardly anything else! What a truly amazing miracle was wrought by the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
|Old Montrose South Zone: #Heishere|
[Disclaimer: Easter Morning, Sister Arnold and I did begin with a fun little Easter egg hunt in our apartment where we took turns hiding each others eggs ;) Thanks so much mom for the GREAT package!! Just call me the Easter Bunny!]
|Easter Egg Hunt|
This week we made a goal to REALLY focus on doing our hour of finding every day. Well, On Saturday, after the morning session of conference, we had exactly one hour to go finding. Well, NO ONE was answering their doors! NO ONE! Haha! We knocked about 7 doors and NO ONE. Well, the next two we knocked we found 2 new investigators! It was so amazing and I was so grateful for this tender mercy in between sessions! :)
Our investigators, the Banda
are doing GREAT! The mom is on page 105 in the BOM and they are both praying! We had a GREAT lesson with them yesterday and were able to talk a little bit about how there is only
truechurch today! :) It was beautiful! AND they began to understand a little bit more that yes, all that comes from God is good, but that only OUR church has the PROPER authority!
Here are some of my favorite "one-liners" from General Conference!
- LIFE is NOT confined to a 4 inch screen! -Jose A Tiexeira
- We could not embrace all of her choices, but we could embrace her. -Brent H. Nielsen
- Christ suffered to GRASP us as we all fell. -Jeffrey R. Holland [ONE OF MY FAVORITE TALKS]
- Salvation does not fulfill the Father's aspiration for us. -Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- When we pray, is it to replay our greatest hits of righteousness? -Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- RUN to receive the blessings of agency! -Robert D. Hales
- STAY BY THE TREE!!! -Kevin W. Pearson [Also another favorite]
- WILLINGLY accept the father's will, even if it doesn't match our righteous desires. -Niel L. Andersen
- I do not shame to tell you who I was, but JOY in my conversion... 'Twas I, but 'tis not I. -Dale G. Renlund [ANOTHER FAVORITE- SO GOOD]
I love you all so much! Have a great week!