10.20.2015

His Grace...

October 19, 2015

I had a really great weekly email planned out in my mind... but then today at 11:57 AM, Jett Davis, my FIRST nephew was born. Let me tell you about my experience...
 
This morning I was reading in the Book of Mormon and finished it again, cover to cover. Upon reading the last few verses of Moroni, my heart filled with gratitude for this book. I was specifically touched by these specific verses:
 
32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient

for
you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise 
deny the power of God.
 

33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become
holy, without spot.

 
 

As I pondered these verses, I thought about the true theme of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The meaning of what we believe is not to be perfect. It is not to ​do pass through mortality alone. It is not to use the atonement if necessary. It is use the atonement of Jesus Christ WHEN necessary and allow his grace to heal you. As we come to realize the importance of repentance and the necessity of a Savior, we begin to separate ourselves from man and draw nearer to God. It is then that a mighty change of heart occurs and we "can in nowise deny the power of God" and "become holy, without spot." It is then that we receive a remission of our sins. Only in and through the shedding of the blood of Jesus Christ does this life become just and merciful. Only through the gospel of Jesus Christ can we be truly saved and return to his presence.
 
After reading these words, thinking, and writing down my testimony of the Book of Mormon in my study journal, I checked our phone to see how much time I had left in my personal study. I unlocked the phone to see a text from a family relative that lives in our area, Scott Roosa. Included in the text was the news that my sister, Kristen, had gone into labor with my future nephew. Upon reading these words, I was first in shock, and then my heart filled with a deeper love than I could ever imagine. I put the phone down, fell on my knees, and immediately began to thank my Heavenly Father for his mercy. As I began to reflect on my life, on the life of my sister, her husband, my parents, and all that have been involved in our journey, everything just seemed right. It hasn't been easy, and it hasn't been perfect, but it has been exactly as the Lord wanted it to happen. This transfer of my mission has brought so many changes into my own personal conversion. I can honestly say that I KNOW the Savior lives and that his grace IS sufficient. I am so grateful for the change it has brought into my heart and into the hearts of others, including my family. When I arrived at the Family History Center to email, I was overwhelmed with videos, pictures, and emails about this beautiful baby boy. As I watched my sister embrace baby Jett for the first time, everything was perfect. His grace was sufficient for her. His grace was sufficient for my parents and their parents, and every other person that has ever lived. And His grace will be sufficient for this beautiful, innocent little boy, who, at some point, will also be buried by temptation, worry, and heartache. And THAT is enough. That is the message we share. That HE lives and is our Savior.
 



 


I love my family. I love this gospel. I love the Book of Mormon. Little did I know when I was a child and in my earlier years, the power that this little blue book would later bring into my life. Now, here I am, 21 years old, with a sure knowledge that these are direct revelations from above. It is only through the restoration of the priesthood authority of God that we can be ETERNAL. That our relationships CAN penetrate beyond the grave. And for that, I am so very grateful.
 
Love,
Hermana Erica "Auntie" Pierce
 
 
My last transfer meeting! 10-20-15
 
PS: Transfers are tomorrow, I will be finishing my mission in the Denver 1st Ward. Sister Chandler will be getting transferred and I will receive my new and last companion tomorrow. I have loved the opportunity to serve the Lord and will continue to do so willingly and faithfully throughout the next 6 weeks. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment