11.12.2015

"Sister Pierce... Today is November 2nd..."

November 2, 2015
 
Well, I would like to start off this email by attributing the title to my mission president, President Murdock. I had my last interview with him this morning and that is the very first thing he said to me when we sat down for the interview. It was followed by a semi-creepy grin and no other words. Oh how I love that man. I feel like we are sent to our specific missions on a large scale for who our mission presidents will be. I realized today that the Lord knew what he was doing by sending me to the CDSM when President Murdock shared a basketball analogy to explain a principle of the gospel to me in our interview. It just all makes sense now... haha ;)

The sisters in our zone.
 
Other than that, the week was good. We've been working really diligently and seeing a lot of miracles. It seems like all of our investigators are trying to distance themselves from us, but the Lord is continually blessing us with more and more prepared people! This week I had THREE exchanges. With Sister Gogue (my baby... man I love her!), Sister Allison, and Sister Hiatt. They were all so wonderful! I actually really enjoy going on exchanges frequently, even tho I have to be out of my area a lot :( BUT, i know that the Lord is helping me to learn so much from each of these beautiful sisters. They have truly taught me how to even more rely upon Christ.

Me and Hermana Gogue on exchanges!
Moogly Googly, my baby!
 
This week, during my exchange with Sister Allison, we were in my area and we were able to see one of the biggest miracles of my mission. The whole day had started terribly and we both just felt SO overcome by Satan. Finally, we decided to just get out there and go to work. I started driving to an apartment complex, even though I had no idea why. We prayed, got out and OYM'ed a woman named Veronica. We just kind of followed her home, making awkward conversation and carrying her kids' backpacks and rolls of toilet paper. When we got to her house, we sat down and the spirit just overwhelmed the room. Debating whether or not to even explain who we were to to even do the survey, the spirit whispered, "teach." We skipped the survey and just jumped right into the Restoration. Within minutes, her screaming babies were sleeping and we were reciting the first vision. When we asked Veronica how she felt when we recited Joseph Smith's words, she just said, "beautiful." Sister Allison invited her into the other room to kneel down and pray to ask God if Joseph Smith was a true prophet. She was so willing, but got nervous when it was her turn to say the prayer. We taught her how to pray and waited. She wouldn't speak. Finally, I felt the spirit whisper so softly but so boldly, "Bow your head." I obeyed. After about 30 seconds of having my head bowed, Veronica began to pray. The spirit was undeniable. She asked specifically if Joseph Smith was a prophet. When she finished her prayer, we asked her how she felt. She said she knew it was true. We invited her to be baptized on December 6th. She accepted. It was by far the most spiritual lessons I've been privileged to be a part of on my mission. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord.

On another note, Halloween was fun! Our ward had a party and we had games and handed out candy! Us four hermanas in the ward dressed up as hogwarts wizards. It was a fun night! :)
 

Me and Hermana Hiatt as Hogwarts Wizards
Just call me Harry!

 
The Javier family
 
The Elders were the Avengers and the Hermanas
were Hogwarts wizards for Hallowe'en!
 
I hope you all have a great week! The gospel of Jesus Christ really is the most important thing we've ever been given. Don't take it for granted! I love you all!
 
Con amor,
Hermana Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment