3.16.2015

"Look Into the Person's Eyes Long Enough to See the Child of God in Them"

March 9, 2015

Hello hello! This was another AMAZING WEEK full of miracles! Here we go!
 
One of my favorites from the week happened on Tuesday while Sister Patera was here with me on exchange in Montrose. We were able to teach 8 lessons in ONE DAY!!! It was insane! I was teaching by myself again because she doesn't know Spanish, but we were talking with EVERYONE! The Lord was truly placing people in our path and we were taking advantage of the opportunities. I have felt SO close to the Savior these past few weeks and truly know that He is preparing the elect here in Montrose.

 
A horse outside of the City market...we fed him corn chips!
 
We have several progressing investigators right now and they are all so prepared! One of my favorite's is Anahi Estrada. She is only 9 years old and SO excited to hear the gospel. We originally started teaching her mom and then found Anahi. The mom lost interest but Anahi wanted to continue to learn. So, after permission from her mother, we have been teaching her about 3 times a week! This week we invited our branch mission leader's daughter, Azy, to join us (who is also 9). The spirit was so strong in the lesson! Anahi saw the example of Azy and is so excited for her baptismal date of April 11th. She WILL be ready by then! I am praying that her parents continue to let her learn and make this wonderful covenant with Heavenly Father.

 
One of our investigator's trailers

​Other than the tons of miracles we saw this week, we were always busy teaching lessons! We taught THIRTY lessons this week! Which was a personal goal of mine since I came on my mission! I can't believe Heavenly Father actually helped us achieve it! It has been SO amazing to see the complete flip in this area the past few weeks. We still have 7 people on date for baptism and have reached the standards of excellence two weeks in a row now (another goal of mine since the beginning of my mission). I am in complete awe of the mercy the Lord has shown us.

On Thursday, we had a specialized training while President Murdock was conducting interviews. It was great and our mission is receiving such AMAZING ​teaching techniques. I am in awe at how much revelation we have received from the Lord and his work truly is hastening!

 
 Evangelina...a recent convert's baby

Well, that's about all I have time for this week! I hope this message finds you well, wherever you are! And remember, the church is SO true!! I LOVE being a missionary!! :)

​xoxo​
Love,
Hermana Pierce
​​
PS: Transfers are coming!!

Please send all mail to:
Hermana Erica Pierce
999 E. Tufts Avenue
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113​

PIC: Best part of my week is that THIS is on the door of our INVESTIGATOR. Yep, I knocked anyways. Yep, she accepted a return appointment. TAKE THAT, SATAN! For those non-Spanish speakers it says, "This house is Catholic" and that they do NOT accept any other religions. Underneath it specifically mentions Mormons. HAHA. Best. Day. Ever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment