5.02.2015

Another Transfer Gone Already?

    
April 27, 2015

Hello all! Man! I can't even believe that this week will be my SIXTH here in Glenwood! It is seriously just speeding by and I can't believe I've already finished another transfer of my mission. Next transfer will be #8 out of 13! I have enjoyed serving in Glenwood and am really starting to love it here! There are some rumors that they could potentially be closing down our area due to a shortage of Spanish sisters in the mission so let's pray that that doesn't happen!
 
 
 
 
Hermana Arnold will be heading to Denver on Sunday because she is going home! So, next Tuesday (5/5 Transfer Day) I will be receiving a new companion! I'm excited for Hna Arnold to see her family and we've had a really good transfer together :) Let's go out with a bang this last week!
 
Okay so...Miracle!
 
On Saturday we went for a follow up appointment for a new investigator, Berna. Well, when we showed up at the trailer park, we first knocked on the wrong trailer and ended up talking to a girl there named Nicol. She answered the survey questions, we taught her the Restoration and she became a new investigator! Then, we found the correct trailer and Berna wasn't there. BUT the lady that answered is the mom of another family that lives in the same trailer. Her name is Carmen and she is AMAZING. We did the survey inside, taught her Lesson 1, asked her to be baptized on June 6th and she said YES! It was a miracle and although our appointment had fallen through, the Lord poured out another great blessing upon us! We are so excited to meet with Carmen again tomorrow and teach her about the Book Of Mormon. She said she will be waiting for us and will have prayed about Joseph Smith :)
 
 
He is HERE. And there. And EVERYWHERE. SEEK HIM.
Picture taken at Hanging Lake :) mormon.org / helives.mormon.org

We didn't get to see very many progressing investigators this week again :( We're going through a period of truly figuring out who will and won't progress and focusing our time on the truly elect. BUT, a family we are teaching, the Hurtado's, came to church yesterday and they loved it! It was a miracle to see them there :)
 
On Wednesday this week, we had Zone Conference and it was amazing! It focused a lot on BECOMING who the Savior wants us to be. I am truly so grateful to be a missionary in the Colorado Denver South Mission and love serving here so much. I am really going to start focusing on who I want to become, not only as a missionary, but also as a PERSON. I think sometimes I get caught up in becoming the best missionary I can be that I forget to just be myself and focus on the personal attributes I have that need bettering. It is amazing that the Lord really does know us personally. He has a path prepared for us and all we have to do is choose to participate in HIS plan. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the changes it has brought about in not only myself, but all that are around me. I could never thank my parents enough for centering our home on Christ. This is the most important gift we have ever been given.
 

Saying good-bye to Sister McRae at Zone Conference

I love you all so much! Please share this wonderful restored truth with everyone. It can and will change their life and eternity!

 
XOXO
Love,
Hermana Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment